Last updated October 4th, 2019
- 05 Dec 2018 13:40:17 PST, (35.735, -117.077), depth 4.4km, 28km E of Trona, California
- Aftershocks: so far (05 Dec 2018, 02:32PM PST) there have been 3 aftershocks recorded, the largest M3.7 (smallest M1.1). More may be expected in the next few days, the largest expected is approximately 1 magnitude unit smaller than the mainshock. There is a small chance (about 5%) that a larger quake could occur, with the likelihood decreasing over time.
- Historical seismicity: since our records began in 1932 we’ve had 1 event of M4 or greater within 10km of today’s event, the M4.8 on 24 Nov 1953.
- Nearby faults: Panamint Valley fault zone, southern Panamint Valley section (1.3 km), Panamint Valley fault zone, Brown Mountain section (2.9 km), Panamint Valley fault zone, Brown Mountain section (Brown Mountain fault) (9.4 km) and Tank Canyon fault (13.3 km).
- Links for: USGS earthquake page, ShakeMap, DYFI, waveforms.
- Visit our special reports page for further information on local notable earthquakes.
Below are the waveform data associated with this event, as recorded in our Live Seismograms Feed.