Last updated October 4th, 2019
- 28 Sep 2018 19:17:46 PDT, (32.348, -115.183), depth 28.7km, 1km SE of Delta, B.C., Mexico
- Aftershocks: so far there have been no aftershocks recorded. Some may be expected in the next few days, the largest expected is approximately 1 magnitude unit smaller than the mainshock. There is a small chance (about 5%) that a larger quake could occur, with the likelihood decreasing over time.
- Historical seismicity: since our records began in 1932 we’ve had 118 events of M4 or greater within 10km of today’s event, the largest was M7.2 (2010/04/04) and the most recent was M4.0 on 08 Apr 2015.
- Links for: USGS earthquake page, ShakeMap, DYFI, waveforms.
- Visit our special reports page for further information on local notable earthquakes.
Below are the waveform data associated with this event, as recorded in our Live Seismograms Feed.