Last updated May 22nd, 2019
- 10 Jul 2018 04:08:37 PDT, (34.010, -117.585), depth 4.3km, 6km SE of Ontario, California
- Aftershocks: so far (10 Jul 2018, 07:23AM PDT) there have been 5 aftershocks recorded, the largest M2.5 (smallest M0.9). More may be expected in the next few days, the largest expected is approximately 1 magnitude unit smaller than the mainshock. There is a small chance (about 5%) that a larger quake could occur, with the likelihood decreasing over time.
- Historical seismicity: since our records began in 1932 we’ve had 17 events of M4 or greater within 10km of today’s event, the largest was M5.5 (1990/02/28) and the most recent was M4.4 on 15 Jan 2014.
- Nearby faults: Red Hill-Etiwanda Avenue fault (10.5 km) and Elsinore fault zone, Chino section (Chino fault) (11.0 km).
- Links for: USGS earthquake page, ShakeMap, DYFI, waveforms.
Below are the waveform data associated with this event, as recorded in our Live Seismograms Feed.The closest station to the earthquake shown in the view is CI.RVR in Riverside at approximately 19km from the epicenter.