Last updated October 4th, 2019
- 20 Jul 2017 12:42:21 PDT, (31.847, -117.090), depth 13.0km, 39km W of El Sauzal, B.C., Mexico
- Aftershocks: so far there have been no aftershocks recorded. Some may be expected in the next few days, the largest expected is approximately 1 magnitude unit smaller than the mainshock. There is a small chance (about 5%%) that a larger quake could occur, with the likelihood decreasing over time.
- Historical seismicity: since our records began in 1932 we’ve had 1 events of M4 or greater within 10km of today’s event, the largest was M4.2 (1995/01/29) and the most recent was M4.2 on 29 Jan 1995.
- Links for: USGS earthquake page, ShakeMap, DYFI, waveforms.
- Visit our special reports page for further information on local notable earthquakes.
Below are the waveform data associated with this event, as recorded in our Live Seismograms Feed.