Last updated May 22nd, 2019
- 22 Jan 2019 00:24:44 PST, (32.947, -115.515), depth 15.4km, 4km SSE of Brawley, California
- Aftershocks: so far (23 Jan 2019, 01:22PM PST) there have been 12 aftershocks recorded, the largest M2.7 (smallest M1.1). More may be expected in the next few days, the largest expected is approximately 1 magnitude unit smaller than the mainshock. There is a small chance (about 5%) that a larger quake could occur, with the likelihood decreasing over time.
- There were 1 events during the 3 days prior to the earthquake (within a 10 km radius), the largest was M3.1 (2019/01/22).
- Historical seismicity: since our records began in 1932 we’ve had 93 events of M4 or greater within 10km of today’s event, the largest was M6.9 (1940/05/19) and the most recent was M4.2 on 28 Aug 2012.
- Links for: USGS earthquake page, ShakeMap, DYFI, waveforms.
- Visit our special reports page for further information on local notable earthquakes.
Below are the waveform data associated with this event, as recorded in our Live Seismograms Feed.