- 29 Nov 2018 05:48:53 PST, (33.015, -115.983), depth 11.4km, 20km SE of Ocotillo Wells, California
- Aftershocks: so far there have been no aftershocks recorded. Some may be expected in the next few days, the largest expected is approximately 1 magnitude unit smaller than the mainshock. There is a small chance (about 5%) that a larger quake could occur, with the likelihood decreasing over time.
- Historical seismicity: since our records began in 1932 we’ve had 59 events of M4 or greater within 10km of today’s event, the largest was M6.6 (1987/11/24) and the most recent was M4.6 on 04 Nov 2010.
- Links for: USGS earthquake page, ShakeMap, DYFI, waveforms.
- Visit our special reports page for further information on local notable earthquakes.
Below are the waveform data associated with this event, as recorded in our Live Seismograms Feed.