- 01 May 2018 04:22:22 PDT, (32.787, -118.443), depth 8.0km, 10km WSW of San Clemente Is.
- Aftershocks: so far (01 May 2018, 07:20AM PDT) there have been 3 aftershocks recorded, the largest M3.4 (smallest M2.8). More may be expected in the next few days, the largest expected is approximately 1 magnitude unit smaller than the mainshock. There is a small chance (about 5%) that a larger quake could occur, with the likelihood decreasing over time.
- Historical seismicity: since our records began in 1932 we’ve had 4 events of M4 or greater within 10km of today’s event, the largest was M5.8 (1951/12/26) and the most recent was M4.2 on 16 Aug 2001.
- Nearby faults: San Clemente fault zone (San Clemente fault) (11.0 km).
- Links for: USGS earthquake page, ShakeMap, DYFI, waveforms.
- Visit our special reports page for further information on local notable earthquakes.
Below are the waveform data associated with this event, as recorded in our Li
ve Seismograms Feed.The closest station to the earthquake shown in the view is CI.RPV in Long Beach at approximately 106km.