Last updated May 22nd, 2019
- 14 Jan 2018 11:56:11 PST, (34.817, -116.073), depth 4.2km, 13km NE of Ludlow, California.
- Aftershocks: so far there have been no aftershocks recorded. Some may be expected in the next few days, the largest expected is approximately 1 magnitude unit smaller than the mainshock. There is a small chance (about 5%) that a larger quake could occur, with the likelihood decreasing over time.
- Historical seismicity: since our records began in 1932 we’ve had 2 events of M4 or greater within 10km of today’s event, the largest was M4.5 (1938/08/18) and the most recent was M4.1 on 09 Nov 1942.
- Nearby faults: Ludlow fault (10.6 km).
- Links for: USGS earthquake page, ShakeMap, DYFI, waveforms.
- Visit our special reports page for further information on local notable earthquakes.
Below are the waveform data associated with this event, as recorded in our Live Seismograms Feed. The closest station shown to the event is CI.WWC at approximately 100km, and the furthest is CI.MLAC at more than 400km.